Created by an area split in 1896 and the arrival of yellow train in 1910 have enabled the development of the area. The hamlet of "La Perche" was once the first village in the Cerdan, the eastern boundary of the Cerdanya and the Haut Conflent. This name was given because a mast was used to guide travelers through the snow. It is close to La Perche that General Dagobert won a victory over the Spaniards in 1793. The area includes the hamlet of Moulin du Roi which supplied soldiers Mont-Louis with flour at the time of Vauban. The architecture of this village is preserved.